Product information "TE0729-02-62I63FAS Starter Kit"
The predecessor of this article is TE0729-02-02IF-S. All changes are in the Product Change Notification (PCN).
The Trenz Electronic Starter Kit TE0729-02-62I63FAS consists of a TE0729 module on a TEB0729 carrier board with an XMOD FTDI JTAG adapter including mounted heatspreader. Additionally accessories are a 5V power suppy with four adapter, two VG96 connectors (DIN 41612), a 16 GB microSD card and an USB cable.
The Module: TE0729-02-62I63FA
The Trenz Electronic TE0729 is an industrial-grade SoC module integrating a Xilinx Zynq-7020 with a Gigabit Ethernet transceiver, 2 x 100 Mbit Ethernet, 512 MByte DDR3L SDRAM, 32 MByte Flash memory for conﬁguration and operation, and powerful switch-mode power supplies for all on-board voltages. A large number of conﬁgurable I/O's is provided via rugged high-speed stacking strips.
All this on a footprint smaller than a credit card, at the most competitive price.
All parts are at least industrial temperature range of -40°C to +85°C. The module operating temperature range depends on customer design and cooling solution. Please contact us for options.
- Zynq XC7Z020-2CLG484I
- Rugged for shock and high vibration
- Equipped with sulfur resistant resistors
- Evenly-spread supply pins for good signal integrity
- 3 mm mounting holes for Skyline heat spreader
- 52 x 76 mm form factor
- 2 x ARM Cortex-A9
- 1 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet transceiver PHY
- 2 x 10/100 Mbps Ethernet transceiver PHYs
- 3 x MAC-Address EEPROMs
- 512 MByte (16-bit) DDR3L SDRAM
- 32 MByte QSPI-Flash memory
- 8 GByte e.MMC memory
- USB 2.0 high-speed ULPI transceiver
- Plug-on module with 2 x 120-pin high-speed hermaphroditic strips
- 136 FPGA I/O's (58 LVDS pairs possible) and 6 PS MIO's available on board-to-board connectors
- On-board high-efficiency DC-DC converters
- 4.0 A x 1.0V power rail
- 1.5 A x 1.5V power rail
- 1.5 A x 1.8V power rail
- 1.5 A x 2.5V power rail
- System management
- eFUSE bit-stream encryption
- AES bit-stream encryption
- Temperature compensated RTC (real-time clock)
- User LED
- Cooling Solution available
Other assembly options for cost or performance optimization plus high volume prices available on request.
Vivado HL WebPACK Edition (free version)
The Vivado Design Suite HL WebPACK Edition is the FREE version of the design suite. Vivado HL WebPACK delivers instant access to some basic Vivado features and functionality at no cost.Overview of all editions of Vivado Design Suite
The Baseboard: TEB0729-03A
The Trenz Electronic TEB0729 carrier board was especially designed and developed for the use of Trenz Electronic module TE0729.
- Trenz TE0729 Module Socket (2 x Samtec Connectors, 120 Pins)
- Barrel jack for 5V power supply
- 2 x RJ45 10/100-BaseT Ethernet MagJack with 2 integrated LEDs
- 1 x RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet MagJack with 2 integrated LEDs.
- 2 x Configuration EEPROM's, connected to SoM's I²C interface
- XMOD compatible header to connect the TE0790 USB 2.0 adapter board
- JTAG and UART interface over XMOD header
- MicroSD Card socket, can be used to boot system
- USB 2.0 socket
- 4-bit DIP switch for SoM configuration (SoM's JTAG access and Bootmode)
- VG96 connector soldering-pads J8 for access to SoM's PL-IO-bank-pins, usable as LVDS-pairs
- VG96 connector soldering-pads J9 for access to further interfaces and IO's of the SoM
- 1 x user LED (red)
- 1 x user push-button routed to SoM (Reset function at standard configuration)
- Pin headers to set PL-IO-bank's VCCIO with jumper
TE0790 XMOD FTDI JTAG Adapter (pre-assembled)
XMOD-USB-X is a universal USB adapter with 2 channels based on FTDI FT2232H USB2 HS Interface chip. In the consigned default configuration Port A is JTAG and Port B is a serial interface.
FT2232H port A and B are connected to small on-board programmable CPLD to allow flexible application specific remappings of FT2232H functions into 8 user I/O pins of single XMOD 12 x 8 Module.
Minimum PCB area on base board to support JTAG function: 5 x 10 mm (does not include mounting hole space).
NOTE: This adapter is compatible with Xilinx Tools!
Key Features TE0790
- XMOD form-factor
- supported base slots: 6 x 2, 8 x 4, 10 x 6, 12 x 8, 5 x 2, 5 x 3
- size: 20 x 25 mm
- M3 mounting hole
- Channel B RX/TX LED's (on top, not visible from front)
- mini-USB connector (more rigid then micro-USB)
- 93C56 EEPROM
- Lattice XO2-256 CPLD
- on board programmable using Lattice tools
- 8 universal I/O pins
- VCCIO either 3.3 V or user supplied (1.8 V to 3.3 V)
- Red user LED (front visible)
- 12 MHz clock from on-board Oscillator
- LDO/DCDC for optional USB power
- Green Power-on LED (front visible)
- User button (front accessible)
- 4 position DIP switch
- Choose CPLD program mode
- FTDI EEPROM disable (not implemented in PCB REV 1)
- Use VIO same as VCC
- Use VCC from USB
Scope of Delivery TE0729-02-62I63FAS Starter Kit
- 1 x TE0729-02-62I63FA SoC module with Xilinx Zynq-7020 XC7Z020-2CLG484I and sulfur resistant resistors
- 1 x TEB0729-03A carrier board for TE0729 module from Trenz Electronic
- 1 x KK0729-02TE heatspreader especially for TE0729 (mounted)
- 1 x TE0790-03 XMOD FTDI JTAG adapter, Xilinx compatible (mounted)
- 2 x VG96 Connectors (DIN 41612)
- 1 x 5V power supply with 4000 mA and 4 adapter for UK, US, EU and AU
- 1 x 16 GB class 4 microSDHC card without adapter
- 1 x USB cable, type A to type B mini, 2 meter length
- 4 x bolts M3 x 5 mm, mounted
- 4 x M3 x 12 screws
- 4 x M3 x 4 screws
All modules produced by Trenz Electronic are developed and manufactured in Germany.
Related links to "TE0729-02-62I63FAS Starter Kit"