A complete toolbox to help designers develop the latest CPLD designs!
The CoolRunner-II CPLD starter board is the perfect platform for the evaluation and implemention of designs using a high performance, low-power CPLD. Targeted applications include intelligent handheld devices, remote monitoring, wireless interfacing, and glue logic across any number of industries.
The DataGATE switch allows designers to easily evaluate a unique power option that permits input signal blocking, stops input switching, and significantly reduces power consumption, extending battery life. With four 12-pin Pmod ports, you can easily add functions such as analog-to-digital conversion, servo motor interface, serial flash, RS232 serial channel, accelerometers, temperature sensors, and more. Check out our Pmod category for a complete list of modules.
The CoolRunner-II Starter Board requires a USB A to mini-B cable for power and configuration (not included).
Learn more about Maxim's solutions for PLDs.
Processor/IC: Xilinx® CoolRunner-II CPLD (XC2C256-TQ144)
- Four 12-pin Pmod connectors
- USB 2.0 port for power, programming, and data transfer
Programming: On-board USB2 port for board power, CPLD programming, JTAG programming, and data transfers
- Xilinx CoolRunner-II CPLD (XC2C256-TQ144)
- A 256-macrocell CoolRunner-II CPLD in a TQ-144 package
- An 8 MHz fixed-frequency oscillator and a socket for a crystal oscillator
- Expansion connectors for 64 I/O signals (32 on the Pmod connectors and 32 on the parallel connector)
- A one-wire DS28E01Q EEPROM
- DataGATE switch
- Requires a USB A to mini-B cable for power and configuration (not included)
- Four 12-pin Pmod ports
- CoolRunner-II CPLD Starter Board
- Custom Digilent cardboard box with protective foam
The CoolRunner-II CPLD starter board is the perfect platform for the evaluation and implemention of designs using a high performance, low-power CPLD.
Here you will find all the reference materials that Digilent has created for this board, as well as links to any external content we have tracked down. If you are interested in purchasing the CoolRunner-II, visit the product page on our main website: CoolRunner-II